Volunteer Grants Writer
- Work with an organisation that genuinely makes a difference
- Join a supportive team environment
- Bentleigh office (close to transport) 10 – 15 hours per week
TaskForce Community Agency is a charity which works in the areas of mental health, addiction, unemployment and education and training. For over 40 years, we have worked with young people, adults and families across Victoria. TaskForce is always keen to pursue new funding and partnership opportunities, including a focus on broadening our engagement with corporates and philanthropic funders.
Working closely with the Senior Strategic Adviser, the volunteer grants writer will:
- Conduct research into available grants and other funding opportunities
- Research requirements and suitability of available grants and government tender opportunities
- Seek information from funding bodies (philanthropic trusts, government departments, local councils etc), community groups and potential project partners
- Collaborate closely with program managers in grant proposal preparation
- Write and prepare grant applications, prepare supporting documents and prepare grant acquittals
Ideally you will have sound written and verbal communication skills with a background in either research, data collation, tender writing or statistical analysis.
How to Apply:
For further information, please contact Fiona Grinwald, Senior Strategic Advisor at TaskForce on 9532 0811.
Fruit 2 Work
TaskForce has partnered with a social enterprise, fruit2work, to create paid employment for people who need a second chance. This includes former offenders who may have little employment experience and who require support reintegrating into the workforce. Our program participants have worked hard to turn their lives around and we are looking for someone to mentor them as they transition into the workforce. All participants will be in regular contact with a counsellor at TaskForce.
We are looking for people interested in mentoring one of our program participants. The role would include:
- Meeting regularly (weekly/fortnightly) to form a strong relationship with the mentee
- Providing advice and guidance on being effective, productive and happy in the workforce
- Providing general advice and guidance on broader aspects of the mentees life
- Preferably mentoring sessions could take place during a delivery route one morning
Please contact Doron from fruit2work on 0431 325 802 for more details.